Monday, October 17, 2005

I heart Bath (15 October 2005)


We took one and a half hour to drive up to Bath (Gloustershire) from Surrey. Located in the south west of England, in the heart of the English countryside (Cotswold), it is a world heritage site.

It was a perfect sunny warm day. We wandered for the streets of this lovely old country city, nosing into the very characteristic shops, visiting the suggestive Roman baths, admiring the Georgian architecture, the view over the park and walking along the river. If you are never been to Rome, I think that you get a good feel while walking through the ruins.

We popped into a delicious cheese shop and I bought myslef a cube of goat cheese. Hmmm, lushy... We sat for a coffee and indulged in some champagne chocolate bonbons. I bought also a cute pink French berret, although I fell in love with a 20s styl black hat. It was too expensive and I need an occasion to wear it. Finally, we had a traditional Cornish pasty*. Our reward for all that walking around.

I named Bath the nicest city in England. It's not a case that it is a world heritage site.


*Don't they look very similar to the empanadas?! Well, the basic filling is the same: meat, potatoes and vegetables. And they taste similar! How strange: two similar plates, both traditional of two so different and far away countries: England and Argentina.

4 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Keven said...

They should have a sign:

"Welcome to the nicest city in England" -- Silvia

It would definitely help the tourism.

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Amicacarmilla said...

Do you think it needs it? I think it is already full of tourists... Better to keep it a bit undertone, not to inflationate it.

[Can I say that? *inflationate*?]

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

Just plain "inflate" works there.

I loved the city center - so central and good for walking. It was a really wonderful experience when I went there (Aug 2000). Glad you enjoyed it too!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Amicacarmilla said...

It's lovely, isn't it?
Such a relaxing environment and perfect location: close to Oxford, Bristol and relatively to London...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home