Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August on the beach


On 12 August I am joining for one week my parents and will stay at their (new) holiday house on the Adriatic coast, in the same complex where my uncle/aunt and cousins have their house, in the resort of Porto Recanati, a fisherman village very close to the holy Loreto, the pictoresque town of Sirolo and its dramatic scenery from the Conero mountain (see photo on the right), renowned for its red wine (Rosso Conero). I know this area very well because my dad has worked here for 20 years commuting to our hometown every weekends and I have mixed feelings and recollections about it: memories of fun as an infant; and of boredom as a grumpy teenager. These days I am more than happy to go and enjoy a bit of beach life!

After many years of absence, I will be celebrating with my extended family and friends (some of which live there and others who will come to visit) the 15th of August bank-holiday according to the tradition: eating fish at the restaurant, playing water games and going dancing in one of the many outdoors clubs in the area.

Digression: the city of Recanati which lies 20km away was the birth-place of a famous Italian poet, Giacomo Leopardi, who wrote a poem in the name of Silvia. Hence my name...
Apparently this name, which sounds to me perfectly normal, conventional and common, has inspired many artists, including my friend's boyfriend, Paul, who has just composed a lyric dedicated to Silvia. Odd.

UPDATE: the suitcase is nearly ready: four swimming costumes (one of which is proudly shown below), one hat, a few silk scarfs, running trainers (for some morning jogging) and trendy trainers; two denim mini-skirts; three white cotton shorts; one beach towel; my red and yellow tops; white flip flops; silver sandals and pumps; a book; two magazines; two beach dresses; a pair of jeans; a pair of sunglasses; a plastic bag and a leather bag; my i-pod; some jewelleries; sun cream; some make-up; shampoo etc. and a few of tees. I am still debating whether to bring along this dress or not.

Rosa Cha range by Speedo. Needless to say that on me it looks slightly different, but never mind. It is still a wicked piece!














"Glamorous, sexy and indulgent are all word that perfectly describe the costume."
by fileaves.co.uk

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

What an incredible swimsuit. Although my best physical feature is my stomach (still awesome despite having the kids), so that wouldn't suit me. I like to show it off when I can ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home